Installing Windows XP in qemu using instructions from Cromwell was straightforward. The only difference was invoking qemu-system-i386 instead of qemu. Here are some pointers for setting up Dramatica 4.0 after Windows XP:
- Shutdown the computer and (q)uit qemu. Remove the Windows XP CD and put the Dramatica 4.0 CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Start up Windows XP with qemu-system-i386 xxx (options from Cromwell). The D:\ drive should be recognized. Dramatica 4.0 can now be installed.
- For Dramatica 4.0 registration, go to “Print and mail” and then Cancel. Then click “Never Register.”
- Scroll wheel doesn’t work, at least out of the box.
- After installing Dramatica 4.0, remove the installation CD from the CD-ROM drive. qemu-system-i386 will not run with no CD and with -cdrom flag set, so remove the -cdrom flag before running the command.
Physical hardware: AMD FX 4300 quad-core CPU, Radeon 7000 64 MB graphics card, 1 GB DDR3 RAM
- Turn off Windows Activation.
- Try WINE.
- Move and copy files to/from .hd file.