VBA has a lot going for it:
- It comes with Excel.
- The IDE has Intellisense, breakpoints, built-in reference and integrated library (for including ADO database tasks, for example).
- Immediate window for interpreted Visual Basic
- Watch window for tracking variable state, including arrays and Dictionary
- Event-driven, simple, fast REPL development
- Backed by spreadsheet-in-memory
VBScript can be used as glue – like Command Prompt – to leverage your existing code. You can create PivotTables from the command line!